Is your lifestyle holding you back from being the happiest version of yourself?
What does well-being mean to you? For some, it's family and work-life balance. For others, it's career fulfillment. Whatever happiness means to you, use these six techniques to achieve subjective well-being in your life.
- Define your core values. It's important to live according to your personal ideals. Dig down to your core beliefs and make an effort to live by them every day.
- Create job satisfaction. Work is a huge part of your life, so it's vital that you enjoy what you do. Identify what brings you joy at work and use job crafting techniques to incorporate them into your job.
- Work with purpose. For example, improving the lives of others can also have a big impact on your own sense of well-being.
- Build positive relationships. Meaningful relationships can help to combat feelings of loneliness and isolation. Commit to spending quality time with your family and friends in order to nurture those relationships.
- Live a healthy life. Stress, fatigue and a poor diet can damage your well-being more than you might think. So, adopt regular exercise, eat healthily and set aside time for yourself to unwind.
- Think positively. Do you view challenges as obstacles in your path or as opportunities to grow? A positive mindset is key to pursuing your goals and achieving success.
If you want to learn more about subjective well-being, see the article that accompanies this video.