How to Reboot Your Career Video
Are you in need of a new career challenge? Follow these 10 steps and discover how to reboot your career.
Did you know that most people change their jobs at least 11 times?
Changing direction might seem intimidating at first, but it can also be a great adventure.
These 10 steps can show you how to reboot your career:
- Prepare yourself for the journey ahead. Accept that you need to start over. It might not be easy, but you'll likely feel more in control.
- Think carefully about your next step. What do you love to do? What gives you satisfaction? Look for roles that can offer you these opportunities.
- Research your options. Read relevant blogs, join a professional group, and keep an eye on internal vacancies.
- Assess your strengths. Do a Personal SWOT Analysis to help you find jobs that suit your specific skills.
- Make new connections. Use social media to expand your professional network and let people know you're in the market for new opportunities.
- Find a mentor. He or she can provide great guidance and advice, and can help to steer you in the right direction.
- Set some goals. Draw up an Action Plan to help you to focus on achieving your ambitions.
- Be flexible and realistic. It might take you longer than you expect to get your dream job so be prepared to consider alternative options.
- Seek out new opportunities. Volunteer or intern somewhere you really want to work. Or take on projects that showcase more of your skills.
- Stay positive! It takes courage to change, so be brave and treat this as a chance to broaden your horizons.
If you want to learn more about how to reboot your career, read the article here.