How to Pass Your Probationary Period
Discover how to take the stress out of your probation period.
Completing a probation period can be one of the toughest parts of a job. These six strategies will help you to pass your probation with flying colors!
- Make a great first impression. Be enthusiastic, approachable, presentable, and punctual. If you’ve returned to probation, take it with good grace and make an extra effort.
- Measure your progress. Read your job description and probation policy thoroughly. Be sure you understand exactly what your manager expects of you - and deliver it!
- Find opportunities to shine. Seek out opportunities to go "above and beyond," once your main duties are comfortably under control. For example, volunteer for new projects or offer to help out a busy colleague.
- Build a network. Connect with people. From project collaboration to a quick coffee – build rapport with colleagues to increase your visibility and value.
- Consider the bigger picture. Where do you see yourself in the short-, medium- and long-term? Think about what you need to learn to help you reach your goals.
- Look after yourself. Being in probation can be stressful. Use mindfulness techniques, stay rested, keep positive, and above all, don’t sweat the small stuff! It will all get easier in time.
If you want to learn more about how to pass your probationary period, read the article here.