8 Ways to Improve Your Powers of Observation Video
Watch this video to get 8 tips on how you can improve your powers of observation.
It's easy to get lost in a blur of thoughts sometimes. But, when we do, we can miss vital information.
Follow these eight steps and you won't miss a thing:
- Know your subject. You'll notice more if you understand it.
- Slow down and look outwards. Use mindfulness to focus your attention on your surroundings.
- Try something new. Choose an activity that will engage your senses and heighten your awareness.
- Improve your concentration by cutting out distractions. Turn off your phone, log out of social media, or go somewhere quiet where you won't be disturbed.
- Challenge yourself to a mental workout. A smarter, more agile brain will help you to observe with greater insight.
- Test your observation by playing a memory game. Describe a photograph, or list everything in the room you're in right now without looking. And remember, practice makes perfect!
- Record and consider your observations. Go beyond the things you see. Note down the smells and sounds you experience too.
- Stay inquisitive! Question and analyze your observations. Doing this will add value to your work.
If you want to learn more about how you can improve your powers of observation, read the article here.