7 Ways to Minimize Distractions Video
Putting away your smartphone is just one way you can avoid distractions in the workplace.
We live in a world of distractions. Whether it be that constant stream of emails, our smartphones, or even other people. But when we get sidetracked, it can be hard to regain focus. So, here’s seven ways to minimize distractions…
- Have a low-tech day. Technology can be highly addictive, time-consuming and stressful! So, switch off your notifications, log out of social media, and leave surfing the web for lunch or after work.
- Manage your mail. Set aside a specific time during the day for dealing with emails. Turn your messages into actions, and don’t forget to delete them once complete.
- Put your phone down. We use our phones for everything these days. So, if you need to concentrate, it’s best to turn yours off or keep it out of sight.
- Create the right work environment. When you work in an open-plan office, it can be easy to lose focus. Wear noise-cancelling headphones or agree to have a “do not disturb” hour each day.
- Organize your workload. Create a prioritized To-Do List, keep a tidy desk, and don’t be afraid to ask for help if you feel overloaded.
- Fly solo for the day. Other people can be a big distraction, and often one you can’t avoid. But, if you really need to concentrate, consider working at home or in a separate meeting room.
- Take care of yourself. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies when it comes to distractions. Getting a good night’s sleep, keeping hydrated, and enjoying some fresh air can help you stay focused and energized.
If you want to learn more about minimizing distractions, read our article here.