How to Keep Your Allies at Work
Are you dedicating enough time to nurturing your work alliances?
We all need someone on our side. Allies provide encouragement, advice and practical help. Use these five tips to build and cultivate alliances at work.
- Be supportive. Lend a helping hand to a colleague in need. Positivity and encouragement are the foundations of a strong alliance.
- Nurture your allies. The occasional favor isn't enough for a long-lasting bond. Engage with your allies regularly to develop trust and loyalty.
- Communicate effectively. Prevent potential misunderstandings by communicating openly and clearly.
- Don't ask too much of them. After all, your ally has their own work to do.
- Don't take offense. Remember that you're still on the same side, even if your ally can't help you.
If you want to learn more about keeping your allies at work, see the article that accompanies this video.