5 Ways to Stay in Flow Video
Get in flow by following these five tips.
When we're "in flow," we dedicate all our thoughts to one task. But, with all the distractions of modern workplaces, it can seem almost impossible to focus properly.
Try these five tips for finding your flow…
- Get comfortable and cut out distractions. Wear headphones to drown out excess noise, or tidy up a messy desk to get "in the zone."
- Keep interruptions at bay. Switch off your phone, close your emails, and let your co-workers know you'll be unavailable for an hour or two.
- Manage your stress. When work is piling up, it can be easy to become flustered. Use time management tools, like the Pomodoro Technique and Timeboxing, to help take control of your day.
- Organize your thoughts. Clear your mind of worries and distractions by writing out a To-Do List. Avoid multitasking. Just focus on doing one task and do it really well.
- Think positively! Negative thoughts will only cloud your judgment and distract you.
If you want to learn more about how to get in flow, read the article here.