How to Make Your Workplace Greener
Be kind to the environment and watch your business grow.
How eco-friendly is your organization? Here are five ways to "go green" while boosting your business, too!
- Identify quick wins. For example, switch your old, inefficient light bulbs for cleaner, energy-saving ones instead. Turning off the lights when you leave the office will also save energy and cut costs.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. Ask yourself: "Do I need to replace this already? Are there options with less packaging?" Aim to produce as little waste as possible. And be sure to check out your local recycling and composting facilities!
- Get to know your energy supplier. Do you know how your power is generated? Explore switching to an environmentally sensitive energy provider.
- Cut down car journeys. Set up carpool rotas, cycle- or walk-to-work schemes, and enable people to work from home when appropriate.
- Get planting! Indoor plants improve and regulate air quality, and also create a more pleasant work environment. Make a mini-roof garden, manage a patch of land, adopt a tree – whether it's near your office or on the other side of the world, get your organization planting!
Going green is not only great for the planet, it can strengthen your brand and cut overheads.
Discover five more tips for green management by reading the article that accompanies this video.