5 Ways to Boost Your Brain Power Video
Give your brain a boost with these five practical tips.
We live in an age of information overload. And, at times, it can feel as if our brains just can't keep up.
But there are some things you can do to unlock the true potential of your brain:
1. Trust your gut! Did you know that your brain consumes 20-25 percent of your energy? All that thinking requires a lot of fuel. So, make sure you stock up on good "brain food," like citrus fruits, berries and even chocolate.
2. Get more exercise. Regular exercise can improve memory and learning, and reduce stress.
3. Practice mindfulness. When you get stressed, use breathing and thought exercises to restore calm. This will help to improve your concentration and decision-making skills, even when you feel under pressure.
4. Challenge your brain. Your brain has the ability to adapt and change. But only when it stays challenged. So, keep it stimulated by taking up a hobby or learning a new skill.
5. Get a good night's sleep. A sound sleep routine can help you to stay refreshed and invigorated. Avoid unnatural light from devices like mobile phones before bedtime. And wake up naturally with the morning light or a sunrise lamp.
If you want to learn more about how neuroscience can help boost your brain power, read the article here.