7 Ways to Combat Anxiety Video
Take action to reduce anxiety with these seven steps.
Here are 7 ways to combat anxiety:
- Keep a stress diary, identify your triggers and take action to combat them.
- Exercise more, even just a little bit more. Keep it up. It will help.
- Breathe in deeply, hold it, and release slowly. Repeat at least 10 times.
- Eat and drink regularly and as healthily as you can. Even if you don't feel like it.
- Replace self-sabotaging thoughts with something better. Turn, "My ideas are worthless and my team won't want to hear them." Into, "My ideas are valuable, and my team will be excited to hear what I have to say."
- Visualize yourself being excited about your ideas, and notice the interested faces of your team members.
- Stay on top of your tasks with To-Do Lists and Action Programs, and schedule the important ones for when you're more focused.
"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go." – Hermann Hesse, poet.
Remember, anxiety is not a sign of weakness or a character flaw. It's a treatable condition that anyone can experience.
If your anxiety or stress is worsening or impacting your health, seek the advice of a suitably qualified health professional.
If you want to learn more about how to deal with anxiety, read the article here.