10 Ways to Boost Your Morale Video
Get your "mojo" back with these top 10 morale boosters.
It can be hard to stay motivated sometimes. But it's essential for a happy mind and a happy career. So, if you feel like you've lost your spark, here are 10 ways to re-ignite it...
- Get to the root of the problem. If you're struggling to stay positive, ask yourself why. Perhaps you no longer feel challenged at work, or you can't see an opportunity for getting ahead.
- Find purpose and meaning in your work. Shape your role around projects that interest and engage you, help out a co-worker, or volunteer at a charity.
- Don't get stuck in a rut. Ask yourself what direction you want your career to go in. Then, set yourself goals to achieve your ambitions.
- Ask for feedback. Be proactive by seeking out advice on your performance and learn from any mistakes that you make.
- Learn something new. Stay challenged by seeking out different responsibilities, or developing a new skill.
- Build your network. You'll likely enjoy your work more if you have a team that you get on with and can rely on. So, work to strengthen these connections.
- Find inspiration. Find someone you admire and learn more about them. Read memoirs, listen to podcasts or attend talks by people who inspire you.
- Shake things up! Maybe your week has become predictable and boring and it's time for a change. Why not take a different route to work or try somewhere new for lunch?
- Make some improvements. Perhaps you're frustrated by a complicated process, or you've been upset by a difficult colleague. Tackle these problems head on… it will make your life easier in the long run!
- Treat yourself. Cheer yourself up by taking a leisurely stroll, chatting with a co-worker, or listening to your favorite songs. Sometimes it's the small things that can make a big difference.
For more tips on how you can boost your morale, take a look at our article, Top 10 Personal Morale Boosters.